Colorado Ballet is a Denver based non-profit organization celebrating 60 years of excellence. Colorado Ballet’s mission is to present exceptional quality classical ballet and innovative dance through performances, training, and education programs that are integral to the cultural life of our community. Under the direction of Artistic Director Gil Boggs, Colorado Ballet presents 55 performances annually to sold-out audiences in the 2,080 seat Ellie Caulkins Opera House.
The Raydean Acevedo Colorado Ballet Academy serves over 1,200 students each year, from toddlers to seniors. Colorado Ballet’s Education and Community Engagement programming serves under-resourced students, teachers, families, people with disabilities, and lifelong learners, making more than 35,000 contacts in 300 schools and organizations annually.
This is a full-time, benefitted position, responsible for the management of all
earned revenue through the ticket office and Tessitura Database, which
interacts with all departments of Colorado Ballet. S/he reports to the
Managing Director of Colorado Ballet with dotted line reporting to the
Managing Director of Advancement and the Artistic Director. S/he serves
as primary CRM system administrator for the Tessitura Database. The
database is an integrated, relational database that allows Colorado
Ballet to work with the patron as whole.
The position requires someone who is creative and energetic. S/he works
closely with the Artistic Director, and the head of Marketing, Advancement,
and Academy to advise and implement strategies to achieve revenue goals and
manage attendance. This position also interacts with patrons and the Board
of Trustees. This role requires some non-traditional work hours, including
weekend and evening shifts when we’re performing in the theatre.
Position Duties and Functions
- Administering the Tessitura [CRM] system, with an awareness of cross-departmental database standards and needs
- Work with and provide training for the professional company, academy, marketing, advancement, and education by building classes and performances, promotions, discounts, campaigns, donations, etc.
- Ensuring the integrity of the database and maintaining the ticketing side of the website
- Managing the Patron Services team
- Serving as the primary contact with the Tessitura organization, which includes responsibility for database support, upgrades, and enhancements
- Developing and managing the annual budget for Patron Services, including all revenue and expenses
- Generating analytical, demographic, financial, and other reports from Tessitura, and final reconciliation of performances and events
- Managing the box office for the ballet at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House, including front of house operations, box office setup and staffing, and day of performance issues which arise
- Manage relationship with vendors
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and related experience required
- Management experience in a team setting preferred
- Significant knowledge of ticket office software, preferably Tessitura
- Solid understanding of Microsoft’s Office365
- Basic knowledge of SQL and HTML a plus
- Experience in box office management, preferably for a ballet or performing arts company
- Strategic thinker with ability to work both independently and as part of a high-performing cross functional team
- History of exceptional customer service in person, over the phone, and via email
- Ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects, meet deadlines
- Demonstrated outstanding administrative and organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work in an open, respectful, and collaborative environment
- Patience and the ability to remain positive and professional during stressful situations are essential
- Full-time position with salary and benefits
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Represents Colorado Ballet at events and meetings, as necessary
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to
Submissions without these required items will not be considered. No phone
calls please – all submissions will be acknowledged. Colorado Ballet is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.