Colorado Ballet is a Denver based non-profit organization. Their mission is to present exceptional quality classical ballet and
innovative dance through performances, training and education programs that are integral to the cultural life of our community.
Colorado Ballet Academy is a department within Colorado Ballet. Its mission is to provide the highest quality training for
dancers wishing to pursue a career in ballet as well as offering community classes that are geared toward children, youth
and adults who want to explore an interest in dance in its many and various forms.
The Colorado Ballet Academy Administrator is responsible for the day to day business operations of the academy. Job duties
include registering students for classes, collecting/processing payments, interacting with students and parents in a
professional way, scheduling of dance studios and organizing various academy performances and events. This position
works directly with the academy team and reports to the Academy Business Manager.
- Minimum 2 years general office experience
- Exceptional customer service - in person, over the phone and via email
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication, both verbally and in writing
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Proven experience working with a customer data base, Tessitura experience a plus
- Basic accounting and cash-handling
- Dance or performing arts background preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Position Duties and Functions
- Registering and tracking of students, including data entry of customer information, logging attendance and processing
- Communicating with parents, students, instructors and other staff in a variety of ways including
face to face, phone calls, email and notifying social media managers of necessary information
- Coordinating instructor teaching schedules, including helping to find substitutes
- Creation and dissemination of periodic communications with parents and students about upcoming events,
academy and company newsletters
- Responsible for Youth America Grand Prix program organization and administration
- Maintaining the master schedule for all dance studios
- Tracking and following up on student evaluations
- Generating various management reports from the academy database
- Coordinating internal academy events such as student performances
- Point of contact for academy students involved in Colorado Ballet professional company performances
- Performing receptionist duties
- Other tasks as assigned
- Salary – commensurate with experience
- Benefits – medical, dental, 401(k), vacation
- Tuesday thru Friday from 12:30-9PM, Saturday from approximately 8:30-3:30
Application deadline is May 17, 2019. Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@coloradoballet.org
Submissions without these items will not be considered. No phone calls please. All submissions will be acknowledged.
Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Colorado Ballet
Established in 1961 by Lillian Covillo and Freidann Parker, Colorado Ballet is a non-profit organization presenting superior
quality classical ballet and innovative dance through performances, training and education programs that enhance the
cultural life of the community. Under the direction of Artistic Director Gil Boggs, Colorado Ballet has transformed
over the last 56 years from a small ballet school to the nationally recognized professional company it is today.
With 30 professional dancers, 20 Studio Company dancers, a dance academy with more than 700 students, and an education
and community engagement department making more than 30,000 contacts each year, Colorado Ballet remains one of the leading
performing arts organizations in the state.