Colorado Ballet is a Denver based non-profit organization whose mission is to present exceptional quality
classical ballet and innovative dance through performances, training, and education programs that are
integral to the cultural life of the community.
The Security Guard is a part-time position, responsible for periodically foot patrolling the parking lot
and perimeter of the building, assisting staff or customers with any security concerns, clearing the
building at the end of the night, occasional special events outside regular hours.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
- Denver Security Guard License (preferred)
- CPR/First Aid certified (preferred)
- Clean criminal background
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to adapt to staff, students, families and customers
Position Duties and Functions
- Patrol the outside of the building at least twice per hour
- Monitor car and foot traffic in our parking lot
- Monitor foot traffic surrounding the building, including secondary exits
- Walk public spaces within building to ensure safety of guests
- Upon request, accompany staff or customers to their cars after dark
- Sweep the building in the evening after all clients have left
- Occasional security for events extending beyond normal hours
- Hourly – commensurate with experience.
Work Hours (approximate)
- Monday through Friday from 5:00PM-9:00PM
- After hours events on an as needed basis
Application deadline is September 17, 2019. Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@coloradoballet.org
Submissions without these items will not be considered. No phone calls please. Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Presenting exceptional classical ballet and innovative contemporary dance through performances, training, education and community engagement, Colorado Ballet continues to inspire and grow an increasingly diverse audience base in Denver, Colorado. Established in 1961 by Lillian Covillo and Freidann Parker, Colorado Ballet is a non-profit organization celebrating 59 years of excellence. As a world-class professional company, Colorado Ballet presents 55 performances annually to sold-out audiences in the 2,000 seat Ellie Caulkins Opera House. The Company’s 32 professional dancers and 21 studio company dancers come from all over the world. Colorado Ballet’s The Armstrong Center for Dance, a 35,000 square foot building, boasts eight state-of-the-art professional dance studios and amenities for the professional Company. Under the direction of Artistic Director Gil Boggs, Colorado Ballet performs classical ballet masterpieces, full-length story ballets and its critically-acclaimed repertory production Ballet MasterWorks, featuring varied works from neoclassical ballets to world premieres. The Raydean Acevedo Colorado Ballet Academy serves over 1,200 students from toddlers to seniors each year and has doubled in size since 2014. Colorado Ballet’s Education and Community Engagement programming serves under-resourced students, teachers, families, people with disabilities and lifelong learners, reaching more than 35,000 contacts in 300 schools and organizations annually. For more information please visit COLORADOBALLET.ORG.