Education & Community Engagement Virtual Offerings - Fall 2020
Updated: November 5, 2020
This fall we’re maintaining our momentum with virtual offerings in
continued commitment to our mission #everybodydance. See below to
stay up to date and find out how you can connect with us.
Classes & Workshops
School & Community Virtual Workshops*
Teachers, School Staff, and Community Organizers, we see you navigating challenging
territory and rising to the new challenges of the school year. We want to support you with
our most flexible options! You can customize content, date, time, and length of any of our
workshops. You can even request something new!
- Who: Any group of any age
- Cost: Depends on program content and format. Fees usually start at the discounted rate of $65 for 30 minutes. We will work with your budget!
- Live or Recorded: live-time via Zoom (or other platform), Broadcasted to your classroom/community center, Pre-recorded (limited availability), Other.
- Movement-based or lecture style
- Full class, half day, or movement breaks
Ex: Moving Matter (1st grade CDE Science Standard): “Freeze like a popsicle! Now melt like a popsicle on a hot summer day!” Students will use creative movement and the dance concept of Flow (bound and free) to embody different states of matter and the transitions between them before creating their own solid/liquid dance.
(Half) Day of Dance - multiple workshops in one with breaks for team building/developing social-emotional skills (starting at $7/student)
Movement Breaks (1-8 minute videos):
Ex: BrainDance, a fun full body-brain exercise based on developmental movement patterns that humans move through in the first year of life helping to integrate reflexes that are the foundation for healthy brain development and fill in missing gaps in our sensory-motor system.
- Visit our Workshops page to read about our options and to sign up (Note: It will look the same as booking an in-person traditional workshop that comes to you, but simply write your preferred format in the “Additional Comments” box).
- Please direct questions to Emma Scher at email@example.com
- Check out our survey to let us know what workshops and content would best support you now.
Check Facebook for further updates, new programs, and much more!
We're providing FREE content for you to try at home! Follow our page @coloradoballeteducation for follow-along videos and activities that encourage you and yours to step away from the screen and try dance games or explorations together. View a sample here. Send us a message to let us know what videos, activities, articles, and updates you want to see!
Other Program Updates
- Be Beautiful Be Yourself: In partnership with Global Down Syndrome Foundation, our Be Beautiful, Be Yourself virtual classes are running from August to December with 25 students! We're thankful to be dancing with new and familiar faces this semester as we build a community from our own homes.
- Warren Village: From September through December we are teaching broadcasted classes to the Warren Village Learning Center. We are grateful to continue Creative Movement classes with some new and familiar faces!
- Growing Scientists: Our Growing Scientists partnership is continuing this fall with virtual offerings. We are excited to offer new and returning lessons integrating dance concepts with science standards for K - 3rd grade in both live and recorded formats.
- Five by Five classes: TBD
VIEW THE NUTCRACKER IN YOUR CLASSROOM AT NO CHARGE
Updated: November 18, 2020
Colorado Ballet is pleased to announce that schools and educational organizations for students in ECE/Pre-K - 12th grade may receive a special recording of Colorado Ballet's 2019 production of The Nutcracker at no cost! Each school/organization will have access to the recording for one week of their choice (November 30th - December 20th) starting Monday at 8:00am (MST) and ending on the following Sunday at 5:00pm (MST). This experience includes exclusive content such as backstage views and dancer interviews. Schools will receive a study guide and also have the option to book a variety of movement activities with their students - from a 10-minute Nutcracker movement break to a Q&A with a dancer.