Internships at Colorado Ballet are unpaid, however interns for Colorado Ballet may receive college credit for internships. Please check with your internship program.
Education and Community Engagement Intern
Colorado Ballet’s Education and Community Engagement Department is seeking full-time and part-time interns. The internship is available to current or recently graduated college
students looking for experience in teaching, arts administration, and working directly with students of all ages in the Denver-metro community. Other applications will be
evaluated on a case by case basis. It is expected that the intern is qualified to minimally assistant teach, and ideally lead teach a variety of dance classes in the community. The position will also focus on administrative and behind the scenes work that is accomplished in the office and students must be well versed in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite (office work requires the use of a personal laptop). The Education and Community Engagement intern will be responsible for lesson planning, data input, resource creation, research, and social media management. There may be a program evaluation and reporting portion of the position requiring the intern to learn new techniques, best-practices, and software. The Community Engagement Intern should be passionate about bringing dance to the community and sharing their love of dance!
If interested in applying, send resume and cover letter to Education Department Manager, Emily Herrin at email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter which
semester you are applying for (fall, spring, or summer semesters). This position requires an in-person interview for in-state applicants and a Skype interview for out-of-state
Note: This position works infrequently with Production and Artistic staff. The Education department does not coordinate rehearsals nor stage productions
and works infrequently with the company dancers. If you have questions about these portions of the company, please feel free to ask or state your interest in your
application materials. If time allows, we can work to connect you to opportunities to learn or be involved more.
- Fall Intern: Receiving applications April 1st – July 10th
- Spring Intern: Receiving applications August 1st – November 10th
- Summer Intern: Receiving applications January 1st – April 10th
Spread the word! Click here to download a flyer that you can print and post at your school.
Colorado Ballet is searching for a creative and aspiring public relations/marketing/journalism intern to join our team for the fall semester. This individual will be focusing on public relations, social media and email marketing projects. We offer challenging job responsibilities, a personal mentorship and backstage experiences in exchange for your time. You will also receive the added-value of capturing, promoting and viewing one of the nation’s leading professional dance companies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Media monitoring and reporting; database maintenance
- Conduct market research and analysis to increase company media presence nationally
- Assist with program book creation and casting inserts for performances
- Support social media content plan development for winter production – Peter Pan
- Shoot videos and photos of company rehearsals, Academy classes and outreach events for use on social media
- Coordinate pre-production tasks for video projects
- Submit performance listings and events to various websites and online calendars
- Compile content and create the monthly e-newsletter for the company and Academy
- Write FAQs, talking points, blog entries and newsletter content
- Currently pursuing a degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or related fields preferred. Interest in non-profit arts administration a plus
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Experience using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Appreciation for ballet, dance and/or performing or visual arts
- Friendly and conversational
- Must be detail oriented and a team player
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office Products
- Capable of learning new systems quickly
Position Parameters and Benefits
- This is an unpaid, part-time internship
- Estimated weekly hours are 10-20 hours per week
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without these required items will not be
considered. No phone calls please. Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.