Colorado Ballet Academy Merit-Based Scholarships are awarded each year at the discretion of the Colorado Ballet
Academy Scholarship Board. There are not applications for Academy Scholarships. Your family will be notified if
your dancer has been awarded a scholarship.
Each year, through the support of generous foundations and individuals, Colorado Ballet is pleased to offer tuition reduction opportunities to students who wish to study ballet in our Academy. The number and amount of each award is determined by both the number of applicants and the amount of funds available. Tuition reduction amount is not guaranteed to be the same as awards made in previous years.
2020/2021 Tuition Reduction Application and Guidelines
- Tuition reduction does not include performance, showcase, or registration fees, private lessons, master classes, or any expense outside of academy tuition.
- Tuition reduction applies to academy tuition only, awards are offered for the 2020-2021 academy session and not applicable to any summer program or extracurricular program (Nutcracker, YAGP, DBG, etc.).
- Tuition reduction is awarded on a year-to-year basis. If you have received financial assistance in years past, you must apply and be reconsidered annually.
- Tuition reduction awards with Colorado Ballet are made without consideration of race, nation of origin, or gender.
- The yearly amount of tuition reduction is based on artistic merit and financial need.
- Artistic merit is at the sole discretion of the Academy Director, Academy Principal and Instructors.
- Colorado Ballet Academy may reduce or withdraw awards at any point during the year for students who do not adhere to the policies outlined in the Policies and Procedures and agreed to in the Commitment Contract.
- Financial need is determined based on the supporting documents requested. Proof of income can come in the form of your 2019 tax return (preferred) or a W-2. The Committee may request additional information from you to determine your need.
- All decisions are final.
- Tuition reduction applicants agree to abide by all of the policies set forth in the 2020-2021 Policies and Procedures and Commitment Contract.
- No exceptions will be made to any of the policies stated above.
Please submit your application for 2020-2021 Tuition Reduction by July 15, 2020 for priority consideration.
Forms will only be considered with the required accompanying documents (please see the application for more details).
Due to personal information requested, forms should be submitted through our secure online form.
Fill out & Submit application