Colorado Ballet Academy gives priority to those who audition in person. However, we do accept video auditions if
circumstances prevent you from attending a live audition.
- Video registration fee $45, credit card only.
- All audition fees are non-refundable, regardless of circumstances.
- Videos must be recorded and uploaded to a video sharing site such as YouTube.
- Video must be recorded between October 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019. All videos must be received by March 31, 2019.
- Videos will be reviewed upon receipt and results will be communicated within four (4) weeks. Due to the number
of auditions, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
The audition videos should be between 15-20 minutes in length and include the following:
Barre (one side only)
Center floor work
- pirouette combination
- petit allegro
- grand allegro
- releve in arabesque
- pirouettes en pointe
- diagonal turning combination
- tour en l’aire
- petit allegro with batterie
- men’s grand allegro
- grand pirouettes
*Advanced gentlemen and ladies should include a variation from the
Audition Dress Code
Women: black leotard, pink tights, pointe shoes
Men: black tights, white t-shirt
Steps to submit video audition
1. Complete online registration.
2. Upon completion of registration, submit an email to
email@example.com with the following:
- A link to audition video
- 4”x6” photo in first arabesque (on pointe if applicable)
- 4”x6” portrait photo – Photos do not need to be professional quality but must clearly portray student.
- Please indicate student name in the subject line of your email