Summer Intensive Program
Under the direction of Amanda McKerrow and John Gardner, the Colorado Ballet Academy offers a Summer Intensive designed for dancers from the intermediate
through pre-professional levels. With internationally renowned master teachers and members of CBA’s own accomplished faculty, the program strives
to maintain an atmosphere of creative freedom for every student and a safe place to test boundaries while learning new ways to push beyond
them. The Summer Intensive curriculum consists of level specific classes in ballet technique, pointe, men’s conditioning and technique, variations,
pas de deux, modern, jazz, character, yoga, and Pilates, as well as lectures on injury prevention, nutrition, dance history, music for dance
and Anatomy in Clay©.
Photo by Francisco Estevez Photography
Photo: Amanda McKerrow and John Gardner by Rosalie O’Connor
- Dance in one of eight studios housed in our state-of-the-art building in the heart of Denver’s Art District on Santa Fe Drive.
- Two, three, and five week sessions are offered to accommodate summer schedules. Students wishing to perform at the conclusion of the program must
attend the three or five week session. Students attending the two week session will perform in an informal studio showing.
- Summer Intensive Level 4 students will be considered for CBA's year-long Pre-Professional Division as well as the opportunity to join Colorado
Ballet Studio Company.
- Physical therapy is available to students from Colorado Ballet’s in-house providers.
- Housing is available on the beautiful University of Denver campus, and weekly activities outside the studio provide a well-rounded and positive
cultural experience. Housing rates coming soon!
Young Dancer Workshop
For Boys and Girls Ages 9-12 (Not yet on pointe)
Specialized classes for young men
Colorado Ballet Academy offers two sessions of the Young Dancer Workshop, an introduction to intensive ballet training. Students will receive daily
ballet classes along with additional lessons in character, modern, choreography, pre-pointe, young men's classes, lectures, conditioning, music
for dancers, anatomy, and dance film. Students work closely with many of the same prestigious faculty as CBA’s Summer Intensive, with a focus on
healthy dance practices in a focused and nurturing environment. The YDW culminates in performance-style demonstrations in our Black Box Theater.
2019 Audition Schedule
Colorado Ballet Academy auditions for 2019 Summer Intensive are coming soon. Please check back for dates and locations.